Happy August y’all!
I hope you’re all surviving this humid (but gorgeous) “wait-it’s-only-Tuesday-and-not-Friday?” type of week. And if you’re not, well, maybe this recipe will help!
On 90+ degree days, it’s important that we fuel our bodies with refreshing foods. But sometimes, that can be a little tricky. There’s only so much plain fruit and salads you can eat, right?
Lucky for all of us, today’s recipe is full of flavor, filling, AND refreshing. Oh and as an added bonus, it’s just so pretty!
Beat the Heat Mango Salsa
Chock full of seasonal produce, this salsa is phenomenal by itself, on top of tacos or salads, or served with black bean and corn chips. Also a perfect condiment for fish!
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dillweed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine mango, jalapeno, red pepper, and red onion.
- Add cilantro and dillweed and mix until evenly dispersed. Squeeze lime juice over salsa and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
As always, have a happy and healthy week!