There are few things worse than a soggy french fry. I mean seriously, if you’re going to eat fries, they might as well be good fries! Crispy, warm, delicious fries. Mmmm…
Today’s recipe stems from my deep appreciation for the perfect fry. I wish I could say that such deep-fried amazingness was healthy, but we all know that’s just not true! The good news is that I’ve figured out how to make a mean fry in the ol’ oven, free from all the harmful oils and chemicals that wind up on spuds from fast food joints or restaurants.
These crispy sweet potato fries are the perfect addition to a balanced diet.
They’re full of nutrients, like potassium, fiber, and vitamin A. They have no added junk, and are just simply delicious! Keep this recipe in your back pocket, and you won’t ever need to get your fry fix from somewhere else again.
Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
These fries are bursting with flavor, and taste delicious with ketchup or BBQ sauce, or just by themselves!
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Leave the skin on, and use a sharp knife to slice the sweet potatoes into thin sticks (about 1/4-1/2 inch thick).
- Put sweet potato sticks in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and spices (except sea salt), and gently toss until fries are lightly coated.
- Transfer to 1 or 2 baking sheets, and arrange so no fries are on top of each other.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip fries. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until fries are dark brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt, and enjoy!
Feel free to mix up the spices if you like a certain flavor. And be sure to use the hashtag #vegworld if you make the recipe and post to instagram!