Oh man, do I have a treat for you today…THE perfect smoothie for this time of year! I’ve been wanting to post a smoothie creation with avocado for quite some time now. After all, avocado goes with just about anything! So naturally, it’s perfect in a nutritious morning drink.
Including healthy fats, like the ones in avocados, in smoothies or salads helps you absorb a much higher percentage of the vitamins in greens. Even more, you’ll feel fuller and more satiated when you eat good fats, and you won’t feel the need to snack or overeat at your next meal.
It gets better. The combination of avocado and mango makes for one unbelievably creamy smoothie! It’s like dessert. YUM. Since I experimented with this recipe last week, I’ve already had it 4 times.
Ready to try it yet?
Avocado and Mango Green Smoothie
A perfect smoothie with a tropical twist for hot summer days!
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango
- 1 1/4 cup spinach
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Splash vanilla extract (up to 1/4 tsp depending on how strong you want the flavor)
- 1 cup water
- If you use fresh mango, you may want to use cold water or put the smoothie in the fridge to cool.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients in the order they are listed.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Pour into glass, chill if needed, and enjoy!