Long time, no blogging!
I took a break from recipe development and writing for a few months, and devoted most of my free time to wedding planning. On March 4, I got married back home in the Philadelphia area. The day was perfect, and in fact, felt like a dream! From the flowers to the band to the venue (and of course the groom), everything was fantastic.
One of the best parts of the day was the food, catered by Starr Events. The appetizers included mini lobster rolls and cheeseburgers, chicken and ginger potstickers, sea bass presented on lattice potato chips, cucumber cups filled with hummus, and cheesesteak eggrolls (in typical Philly fashion)! Not only was the presentation beautiful, but every single app was delicious.
Following the cocktail hour, our guests enjoyed short ribs with parsnip puree, and salmon with roasted vegetables as their entrees. And last but not least, our cake was alternating layers of vanilla pound and red velvet with buttercream and cream cheese frostings!
It’s hard to believe that our wedding day has come and gone! To look on the bright side, I’ll now have more time to blog and power through my dietetic internship. Only 3 more months until I can sit for my boards to become a registered dietitian! Or as I like to phrase it, I am currently a 75% dietitian ;-)…
Today’s recipe reflects my excitement for spring, and the inevitable transition from roasted to raw veggies for dinner.
Crunchy Cabbage Slaw
- 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4-5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large carrots, julienned
- 1 pink lady apple, julienned
- 1/2- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil – Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cabbage, onions, carrots, apple, and seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss until well coated. Enjoy!
Have a happy and healthy week!