If you’re looking for a light and refreshing summer dish, then today’s post is for you. Plus, there’s avocado. And we all know how I feel about avocado!
This dish is centered around the frozen, wild-caught crab meat I found at Trader Joe’s (with absolutely nothing added!), but would also be delicious with fresh jumbo lump crab meat, especially if you live in an area with lots of crabs (Baltimore, I’m looking at you!).
An excellent source of protein, B vitamins, and magnesium, this salad is a nutritious snack that’s perfect for your next summer BBQ. Consider serving with fresh corn tortilla chips. Or, add it to a bed of mixed greens for lunch or dinner.
As pictured here, I put a large scoop on crispy sweet potato patties. YUM!
Crab and Avocado Salad with Lime and Cilantro
A light and summery dish filled with nutrients, and the perfect addition to a weekend BBQ! Consider serving with tortilla chips, on top of greens, or simply by itself.
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Juice of 1/2-1 lime
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lime juice with a dash of sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Combine all other ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing and mix until well combined. Enjoy!
Ready to try it yet?!
Have a happy and healthy week!