Thank you to Spoon Optional for sponsoring this post. While I did receive compensation to created these Marinated Roasted Root Vegetable Skewers, all opinions are my own.
Do you ever find yourself in a cooking rut? Even though I absolutely love being in the kitchen, sometimes I feel like I’m staring at a blank canvas without an ounce of inspiration. When this happens, I try to brainstorm how I can use some of my favorite staples in the fridge or pantry to whip up something new. Or at least a dish that feels new!
A few months ago, I collaborated with our local food co-op (Wedge Linden Hills) to highlight some local brands on my Instagram. And I absolutely fell in love with one of them! Spoon Optional’s their name, and convenient, sippable soups are their game.
Why do I love Spoon Optional?!
As soon as I tasted these delicious, on-the-go soups, I knew I had found a new healthy staple for my busy lifestyle. On a jam packed day of meetings or teaching, I rely on Spoon Optional soups to keep me energized. They are the ultimate healthy fast food! Every one of their four flavors, Beet Cucumber Gazpacho, Garden Tomato Basil, Carrot Ginger Turmeric, and Savory Super Greens, is delicious. Plus, the company’s founder, Nancy Fink, is a local mompreneur who is dedicated to providing tasty, nutritious options for busy people. We have a lot in common!
These soups are truly soup, not juice! This means that they still contain all the awesome fiber that gets lost when you juice vegetables. Spoon Optional also uses a processing technique that preserves nutrients but extends the product’s shelf life.
Another thing I love about Spoon Optional soups is that they have so many other applications than just on-the-go nutritious snacks. So when I’m in that cooking rut I mentioned earlier, using one of these soups as a base for a quick meal is an easy way for me to shake things up! I can load up the Tomato Garden Basil with beans, arugula, and some shredded cheese or get a bit more creative, like I did in this recipe.
These Marinated Roasted Root Vegetable Skewers are coated with Spoon Optional’s Beet Cucumber Gazpacho before roasting and drizzled with some leftover soup when they come out of the oven.
If you make this recipe, feel free to mix up the root vegetables that you use. I incorporated parsnips, golden beets, onions, scarlet turnips (so pretty!), and even some rutabaga. But carrots or sweet potatoes would taste delicious in there too.
For those of you in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan, you can purchase Spoon Optional soups at select stores. Use this link to locate a store near you!
Marinated Roasted Root Vegetable Skewers
- 2 parsnips - sliced
- 1 large golden beet - roughly chopped
- 1 turnip - roughly chopped
- 1 rutabaga - roughly chopped
- 1 onion - roughly chopped into squares
- 12 ounces Spoon Optional Beet Cucumber Gazpacho
- Prepare the root vegetables. Carefully add the vegetables in a random assortment to 6 skewers. Place the skewers in large tupperware container or plastic bag. Add the Spoon Optional Beet Cucumber Gazpacho to cover the skewers. Do not use the whole bottle - reserve some of the soup for serving the skewers. Transfer the tupperware or bag to the fridge and let the skewers marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the skewers to the parchment paper and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and serve with a drizzle of Spoon Optional Beet Cucumber Gazpacho and fresh herbs for garnish. Enjoy!
Happy soup sipping!