Cauliflower Curry Recipe
A vegan cauliflower curry with creamy coconut milk and warming spices.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil can sub olive oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger can sub 1 tbsp fresh
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk full-fat or lite
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- Fresh cilantro optional
- Naan or pita bread optional
If you need to prepare the lentils for the recipe, cook them according to package instructions (~1/2 cup dry lentils yields 1 cup cooked) while you prepare the curry.
Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, curry powder, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, and salt and cook until fragrant, ~1-2 minutes.
Pour in the coconut milk and let the sauce simmer for 2-3 minutes before adding the cauliflower florets. Cook over medium-low heat for ~15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Stir in the cooked lentils.
Serve on its own or with rice and naan or pita bread. Top with fresh cilantro to taste (optional).
- Use fresh or frozen bagged cauliflower and pre-cooked lentils to save time.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on high.
- You can also freeze this dish (it will last for 3 months). Thaw in the fridge and reheat before you eat it.
- Feel free to add additional spices as desired, such as coriander, turmeric, cardamom, and/or cayenne pepper.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 671kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 43g | Sodium: 410mg | Potassium: 1824mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 53IU | Vitamin C: 148mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 13mg