Turnip Stir Fry with White Beans
A flavorful, vegetarian turnip recipe that's on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Servings 2 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 purple top turnips scrubbed, trimmed, and diced
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 15.5 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce use tamari for gluten free
- 1 cup brown rice cooked, for serving
If you need to prepare rice or a whole grain for the meal, start that before making the stir fry.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turnips and cook, stirring/flipping occasionally, for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
While the turnips are cooking, whisk together the ginger, garlic, honey, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Add the spinach, white beans, and sauce to the skillet. Cook for 4-6 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted and the stir fry is heated through.
Serve warm over rice. Enjoy!
- Rice is optional. You can serve it without any grain or on top of farro or barley instead.
- For more protein, add chicken or beef in addition to or in place of the white beans.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.
- If you buy turnips with their greens, you can chop those up and add them to the stir fry too.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 665mg | Potassium: 1326mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 4220IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 9mg