Quinoa with Vegetables and Maple Ginger Tahini
An easy, customizable recipe with fluffy quinoa and roasted veggies.
Servings 3 people
- 4 large carrots scrubbed and trimmed, sliced into sticks
- 1 pound brussels sprouts washed and sliced in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 0.5 cup dry quinoa white or tri-colored
- 1 cup water sub broth for more flavor
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the brussels sprouts and carrot sticks to the baking sheet and toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them out in an even layer and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
While the veggies are roasting, combine the quinoa and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes (until the water is absorbed). Remove from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork.
In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, ginger, cold water, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust ingredients as necessary. Add more water if you want it to be thinner.
Divide the cooked veggies and quinoa into bowls or containers and drizzle with maple ginger tahini to taste. If you are eating at a later time, you can wait to add the dressing until that time.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. You can eat them cold or reheated in the microwave (on high for 1-2 minutes).
- Feel free to sub other veggies based on what you have on hand. Check out the Guide to Vegetable Roasting Times for more info.
- Add shredded chicken, turkey, or beans for more protein.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 1130mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 14728IU | Vitamin C: 138mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 5mg