Potato Leek Pizza on Pita
Personal pizzas with a delicious combination of flavors from potatoes, leeks, fresh rosemary, and gruyere.
Servings 4 pizzas
- 1 Yukon gold potato thinly sliced with a mandoline, should be paper thin
- 1 leek light green and white part only, sliced into half moons and cleaned in a bowl of water
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped, more to taste
- 2 cups gruyere cheese freshly shredded
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a small saucepan with salted water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the thinly sliced potatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes until they are tender but not falling apart. Drain the water and set the potato slices aside.
While the potatoes are cooking, sautee the leeks in a little bit of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and garlic. Brush each pita with the garlic oil. Add salt and pepper to tase. Transfer the pitas to a couple of baking sheets and pop in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
Remove them from the oven. Top each pita with a sprinkle of rosemary, a thin layer of shredded cheese, a layer of cooked potato slices, a layer of leeks, and another layer of cheese. Add more rosemary to taste. Put the pizzas back in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Make the cooked potatoes and leeks up to 3 days in advance. Store in airtight containers in the fridge.
- You can sub regular pizza crust or naan bread as the base for these pizzas.
- These are best enjoyed right away, but leftovers can be reheated in the oven at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes.
- You can also use a sharp knife to slice the potatoes if you don't have a mandoline.
Serving: 1pizza | Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 480mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1026IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 710mg | Iron: 4mg