Kale Radicchio Salad with Sourdough Croutons
This flavorful salad features sweet dried cherries, salty parmesan, and a lemon honey dressing.
Servings 6 people
- 4 cups sourdough bread cut into rough cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head radicchio core removed and shredded
- 1 bunch lacinato (dinosaur) kale stems removed and shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3/4 cup dried cherries can sub dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer the sourdough bread cubes to a baking sheet and drizzle/toss in olive oil. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until slightly crunchy.
Prepare the salad by slicing the radicchio and kale into thin cuts. Add them to a mixing bowl with the cheese and dried cherries. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sea salt.
When the croutons are ready, add them to the mixing bowl and pour the dressing on top. Mix until coated. Enjoy!
- If you are making this recipe in advance, store the salad and dressing in separate airtight containers in the fridge. Wait to add the dressing until right before serving.
- For additional protein, added shredded chicken or turkey, edamame, or white beans.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 401mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 5176IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 296mg | Iron: 2mg