Lemony Fennel Lentil Salad with Parsley
A fresh, flavorful lentil salad with a lemon honey dressing.
Servings 2 people
- 0.5 cup green lentils dry
- 1.5 cups water sub vegetable broth for more flavor
- 1 bulb fennel sliced into half-moon pieces with the core removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley chopped, ~1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
Combine the lentils and water or broth in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Drain any excess water.
While the lentils cook, add the sliced fennel and a little olive oil to a skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the fennel is tender and slightly browned. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, dijon, and honey, and set aside.
Combine the cooked lentils, fennel, parsley, and feta cheese in mixing bowl. Pour the dressing on top and mix until combined. Enjoy!
- This salad makes a great vegetarian main dish, and can be served with roasted or steamed veggies. You can also serve it as a side dish to baked fish.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If you purchase fennel with its stalks and fronds, feel free to use the fronds as garnish or add them to the salad in addition to parsley.
- You can sub other types of lentils (i.e. brown, French, or le puy). Adjust cooking time as necessary, according to package instructions. To save prep time, you can also purchase pre-cooked lentils at Trader Joe's.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 593kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 993mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1463IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 5mg