Roasted Frozen Broccoli
Learn how easy it is to roast frozen broccoli, and choose from five seasonings ideas!
Servings 2 people
- 1 1-pound bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the broccoli florets (straight from the bag) in a single layer on the sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Roast for 30 minutes, stirring the florets at 20 minutes, until tender and slightly browned. Enjoy the florets plain or with one of the seasoning ideas (see notes).
- Orange juice + butter + red pepper flakes: Melt down a 2:1 ratio of butter to OJ in a saucepan with a pinch of red pepper flakes. Toss the broccoli in this after roasting. Add orange zest if you have it on hand.
- Lemon zest + garlic powder + lemon juice: Sprinkle garlic powder and the zest from 1/2 lemon on the florets before putting them in the oven. Add a squeeze of lemon juice before eating.
- Curry powder + raisins: Season the broccoli with curry powder before roasting. A few minutes before it's finished, add raisins to the tray.
- Honey + sriracha + soy sauce: Mix 1 tablespoon each of honey and sriracha with 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Toss the broccoli in the sauce before serving.
- Blue cheese + dates: Remove the cooked broccoli from the oven and push the florets together in the center of the tray. Add blue cheese and sliced dates on top. Put this under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese. (Remove the parchment paper before broiling.)
Serving: 1plain serving | Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 717mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1413IU | Vitamin C: 202mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 2mg