Roasted Asparagus and Carrots
A simple side dish for any meal, finished with goat cheese crumbles and lemon zest.
Servings 4 people
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed
- 3 large carrots sliced into long, thin pieces similar to the size of asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 tsp lemon zest more to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the asparagus stalks and carrot pieces in an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until lightly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes, until tender and slightly browned.
Serve this dish warm sprinkled with the goat cheese and lemon zest.
- Use thin asparagus stalks to avoid soggy or stringy asparagus.
- Feel free to switch up the seasonings based on your taste preferences. This dish also tastes delicious with parmesan cheese and chopped almonds.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 138mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 8787IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 3mg