Spicy Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint
This sweet and spicy side dish features hydrating watermelon, salty feta, cooling mint, and a simple jalapeno lime dressing.
- 6 cups watermelon cubed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 6 to 8 mint leaves roughly torn
Jalapeno Lime Dressing
- 1 jalapeno seeds and stems removed
- 1/4 cup lime juice from about 2 limes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Arrange the watermelon on a large platter or individual plates. Sprinkle the crumbled feta on top, followed by the torn mint leaves.
In a blender, combine the ingredients for the dressing and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can chop up the jalapeno and whisk it together with the other ingredients in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad. Garnish with mint leaves. Serve and enjoy.
- I like to chop the watermelon a few hours before serving so that it can sit in the fridge and get cold.
- Sub basil or cilantro for fresh mint if desired.
- This salad is best served right away, and leftovers do not keep well.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 985IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg