These healthy cucumber appetizers are topped with whipped feta, fresh dill, and lemon zest.
Servings 60 canapes
- 2 cucumbers peeled and trimmed
- 8 ounce feta cheese block feta preferred
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried dill sub 1 tbsp fresh dill
- Lemon zest to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh dill for garnish
Slice the peeled cucumbers into 1/2-inch circles. Place on a serving platter or tray.
In a blender, combine the feta cheese, yogurt, garlic, and dill. Blend until smooth, adding a dash of water as needed to promote blending. Pour the whipped feta into a plastic bag. Seal the bag and use scissors to cut off a small piece from one of the bag's bottom corners. This will create a makeshift piping bag. Squeeze a small amount of the whipped feta onto each cucumber slice.
Garnish the canapes with fresh lemon zest, black pepper, and sprigs of fresh dill.
- You can prep these up to 3 hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you plan to serve them.
Serving: 1canape | Calories: 13kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 24IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg