Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
This creamy, vegan cold soup recipe is a delicious option for a summer meal.
- 1 large cucumber peeled and chopped into a few pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeno trimmed and deseeded
- ½ lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro use ¼ cup for more flavor
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pineapple for serving
- ½ cup chopped cucumber for serving
Combine the cucumber, avocado flesh, jalapeno, lemon juice, cilantro, salt, and ½ cup water in a blender. Blend until smooth, adding more water as needed. Taste, and adjust seasonings as desired.
Chill the soup for at least an hour (preferably 2 or more) in the fridge before serving. Serve with chopped pineapple and cucumber.
- For more of a lemon flavor, add some lemon zest in addition to the juice.
- If you want the soup to be spicier, use a second jalapeno.
- For a variation, use fresh dill instead of cilantro.
- Other topping ideas include: fresh mango, feta cheese, or croutons.
- Leftovers will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 593mg | Potassium: 782mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 371IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg