Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese with Heirloom Tomato
The ultimate comfort food sandwich, made with crunchy bread cooked in garlic butter, cheddar and havarti cheese, and fresh tomato.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- 4 slices sourdough bread or other bread of choice
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese more to taste
- 2 slices havarti cheese more to taste
- 4 slices fresh heirloom tomato more to taste
Heat a skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Use a fork to mash together the garlic and butter in a small bowl. Add salt to taste. Spread some butter on one side of each slice of bread.
Place one slice of bread, butter side down, in the skillet. Add a slice of cheddar cheese on top, followed by two tomato slices and a slice of havarti cheese. Top the sandwich with another slice of bread, butter side up. Cover the skillet, lower the heat to medium, and cook for a few minutes (3-5) on each side until the cheese is melted.
Remove the sandwich from the skillet and repeat step 2 with the rest of the ingredients. Keep the sandwiches warm on a plate covered with foil or a skillet lid if needed. Cut the sandwiches in half before eating, and enjoy.
- You can make the garlic butter up to a few days in advance. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to make the sandwiches.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 789kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 1046mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1212IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 443mg | Iron: 5mg