Strawberry Banana Beet Smoothie
This colorful and nutritious smoothie features raw beets, frozen strawberries, banana, and Greek yogurt.
- 1 cup beets peeled and diced
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- 1/2 cup water more as needed
To make sure the date gets fully blended, add just the date and water to the blender first and blend until mostly smooth (soaking the date in warm water before blending also works). Add the beets, banana, strawberries, and Greek yogurt. Blend until smooth, stopping to add water as needed to promote blending. Enjoy!
- You can omit the date if you do not have one on hand. Use a teaspoon of maple syrup or honey as a sweetener instead, but you may not need it since the smoothie is pretty sweet thanks to the fruit!
- You can prep this recipe 1 to 2 days in advance and store in an airtight jar or container in the fridge.
- Most blenders can easily blend chopped raw beets, but you can also use roasted beets if necessary.
Serving: 1smoothie | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 767mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 1mg