Arugula Apple Salad with Pecans
This delicious fall salad is great for weeknight lunches or dinners and even holiday meals. It's an easy fancy salad tossed in an apple cider vinaigrette.
- 5 ounces baby arugula rinsed and dried
- 2 apples cored and thinly sliced; I used Pink Lady
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
In a large bowl, combine the arugula, thinly sliced apples and red onion, pecans, and parmesan cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon, and salt. Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss until coated. Enjoy!
- Possible substitutions: goat, feta, or gouda cheese for the parmesan and pistachios, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds for the pecans.
- To make vegan, omit the cheese.
- This recipe shouldn't be prepared too far in advance since the apples may go brown. If needed, it should be OK if prepared two or three hours ahead of time. Store the salad ingredients in a bowl in the fridge, but wait to dress the salad until right before serving.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 391mg | Potassium: 324mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 998IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 1mg