BBQ Pineapple Jalapeno Pizza
Skip the hassle of homemade crusts and opt for whole wheat pita as the base for this delicious vegetarian pizza, made with fresh pineapple, mozzarella cheese, spicy jalapenos, and BBQ sauce.
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce store-bought or homemade
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 jalapenos deseeded and sliced into thin circles
- 1 cup pineapple thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets or one large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Place the pita bread on the baking sheets. Spread each pizza with barbecue sauce. Sprinkle a thin layer of mozzarella cheese onto the pitas, then arrange the jalapenos and pineapple on top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown around the edges. Remove the pizzas from oven, let cool for a couple minutes, then slice into pieces.
- These pizzas are best enjoyed right away, but you can store leftovers in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat on a baking sheet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve the pizzas on their own or with a side of Roasted Frozen Broccoli for a quick and easy balanced meal.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 968mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 558IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 2mg