Savory Roasted Root Vegetables
A simple side dish that's bursting with flavor and packed with nutrition.
Cost $10 total
- 5 parsnips scrubbed and sliced
- 4 medium beets scrubbed, peeled, and diced
- 1 large sweet potato scrubbed and diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano or 1.5 tbsp dried
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary or 1.5 tbsp dried
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine diced veggies with olive oil and seasonings. Mix until well coated. Transfer to baking sheets. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until slightly brown and tender.
Serve warm with fresh rosemary sprigs and more seasonings to taste.
- Roasting tips: Make sure to coat the veggies with enough oil but not too much (you don't want them dripping in oil), and spread them out in an even layer so they are not overlapping. You can use a spatula to flip/stir them on the sheets halfway through cooking time, but I find that they get crispier if you don't do that.
- Other seasonings ideas: Try thyme, garlic powder, and/or sage.
- Storage: Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave. This is a great recipe to cook in advance since it makes a large batch of veggies.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 1160mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 4745IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 157mg | Iron: 4mg