Watermelon Radish Salad with Citrus Thyme Dressing
This light but filling salad includes gorgeous watermelon radishes with crunchy counterparts, farro, and a fresh citrus dressing.
Servings 4 people
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 3 watermelon radishes thinly sliced using a mandoline or sharp knife
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple diced
Combine the cooked farro, watermelon radishes, celery, and apples in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange and lemon juices, honey, shallots, and fresh thyme. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix until coated.
- The prep time for this recipe does not include cooking time for the farro. Cook the farro according to package instructions (1 cup dry=2 cups cooked). Look for quick cooking farro to cut back on prep time. You can substitute barley, bulgur, or quinoa.
- Serve as a side, or add white beans, chickpeas, hard boiled eggs, or shredded chicken for a complete meal.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can make this salad in advance, but wait to dress it until right before serving.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 183IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg