Hasselback Purple Sweet Potato Recipe
These delicious potatoes have creamy purple flesh and crispy skin!
Servings 4 people
- 2 large purple sweet potatoes or 4 small; scrubbed
- 4 tbsp ghee melted; can sub butter or oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped; more for serving
- 1/4 tsp sea salt more to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a square baking dish.
Prepare the potatoes by slicing off a tiny bit on one side, so the potato stays flat when you put it down and does not roll away. Put a chopstick or the handle of a wooden spoon on each side of the potato, and use a sharp knife to make 1/4" slits. The chopsticks or spoon handles will stop you from slicing through the potato.
Mix together the melted ghee, parsley, and salt, and use a brush to spread about 1/2 of the mixture over the potatoes. Be sure to get some of the mixture in the cracks!
Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and spread the rest of the ghee mixture over potatoes. You may need to reheat it if it hardens. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until middle of potatoes are as tender as desired. Sprinkle with salt, and brush with additional ghee and parsley to taste.
- Nutrition facts are based on regular sweet potatoes and may be slightly off, since purple sweet potatoes are not included in the nutrition database.
- Serve them on the side of a lean animal protein with a non-starchy vegetable for a complete meal.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on high.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9390IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg