Mini Cucumber Sandwiches with Dill Cream Cheese
These mini sandwiches are the perfect appetizer for a spring or summer picnic. They're loaded with veggies and freshly whipped dill cream cheese.
Servings 16 mini sandwiches
- 2 cucumbers scrubbed
- 6 small radishes scrubbed and trimmed
- 4 oz cream cheese softened at room temp
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 heaping tbsp fresh dill chopped
- Salt to taste
- 8 slices bread whole grain, multigrain, rye, pumpernickel, or white
Slice the cucumbers and radishes into thin 1/4" circles. Quarter the circles. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, add the softened cream cheese, lemon, and fresh dill. Using a hand mixer, blend for 1 to 2 minutes or until the mixture is soft and spreadable. Add more lemon juice, dill, and salt to taste.
Add the cucumbers and radishes to the bowl. Mix until the veggies are coated. You may find that you need to add more vegetables, or take out some of the cream cheese to start. Use your judgement to figure out how coated you want your veggies to be.
Build the sandwiches by topping 4 slices of bread with the veggie filling. You may choose to spread a small amount of herbed cream cheese on the bread too. Top each slice with another piece of bread, and cut each larger sandwich into 4 mini sandwiches. Serve, and enjoy!
- For a crunchier sandwich, toast the bread before assembling. For a softer sandwich (like traditional tea sandwiches), do not toast the bread and consider cutting the crust off.
- To save time, you can purchase whipped cream cheese at the store instead of whipping it by hand.
- These sandwiches taste best when enjoyed within 1-2 hours. You can make the filling up to a day in advance and store in the fridge until it's time to make the sandwiches.
- If your cucumbers have a waxy coating, peel before slicing. If you don't like radishes, these taste great with just cucumbers too.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 137IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg