15 Minute Arugula Parmesan Pita Pizzas
These simple pita pizzas are a great way to eat your leafy greens! They're short on ingredients but loaded with flavor.
Servings 4 pita pizzas
- 4 100% whole wheat pita pockets look for gluten free if needed
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup aged parmesan freshly grated
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 lemon juiced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Using a brush and 1-2 tbsp olive oil, brush each pita with a light layer of oil. Sprinkle on some sea salt and black pepper as desired. Put pitas directly on oven rack and bake for 3-4 minutes.
Remove pitas from oven. Top each pita with 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese until they are covered with a light layer. You may choose to add a little more if desired. Put pitas back on oven rack and bake for another 4-5 minutes, or until they are crispy and parmesan is melted.
While the pitas are baking, prepare the arugula. Whisk together the rest of the olive oil and lemon juice and pour over arugula. Mix until leaves are well coated.
Remove pitas from oven and top each one with ~1 cup of lemony arugula. Slice pizzas into 4 pieces and garnish with a dash of parmesan and pepper. Enjoy!
- Keep an eye on the pitas in the oven. You may need to cook them for less time to prevent burning.
- Make this a complete meal by adding some lean protein on top, such as chickpeas, chicken or shrimp.
- You can increase or decrease the lemon juice and olive oil in the dressing as desired.
Serving: 1pizza | Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 670IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 343mg | Iron: 2mg