Easy Italian Zucchini Kabobs
These vegan kabobs are a light summer dish using zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and summer squash.
Servings 10 kabobs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/2 tsp basil dried
- 1/2 tsp sea salt more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper more to taste
- 1 zucchini scrubbed and trimmed
- 1 summer squash scrubbed and trimmed
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings.
Slice the zucchini and summer squash into 1/2" circles. Rinse the cherry tomatoes.
Add the vegetables to the olive oil mixture. Mix until all of the veggies are coated.
Prepare the skewers by sliding a few cherry tomatoes and zucchini and squash circles onto each stick. You can choose to put them together in whatever pattern you would like. The recipe should yield about 10 skewers but might produce slightly more or less.
Add the skewers to the lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes start to blister. Remove from oven, and enjoy warm!
- You can prep the veggies in advance and let them sit in the marinade for 30 minutes to 4 hours (in a bowl or plastic bag in the fridge) before making and cooking the kabobs.
- If using fresh herbs, use roughly 3 times as much as the measurement for dried herbs.
- Grilling instructions: Cook for 10-12 minutes over medium heat (or until the tomatoes blister), turning halfway through to promote even cooking. Use stainless steel skewers if you plan to grill them.
- Nutrition: Please note that each kabob likely has fewer calories than listed, since the nutrition calculations include all of the olive oil in the marinade.
Serving: 1kabob | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg