Tomato, Pepper, and Tortellini Lunchbox Skewers
Mini veggie skewers are perfect for adult and kid lunchboxes. Serve with pesto or balsamic reduction for added flavor.
Servings 20 skewers
- 10 ounce tortellini of choice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes about 20
- 1 bell pepper sliced into 20 squares
- Pesto optional
- Balsamic reduction optional
Cook the tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Wash the tomatoes and cut the pepper.
Prepare the skewers by putting 1 to 2 cooked tortellini pieces, a cherry tomato, and a slice of pepper on a toothpick. Make 20 or more skewers, depending on how much of each ingredient you have.
Keep the skewers in the fridge in an airtight container, and add to your lunchbox all week long! Pack pesto or balsamic reduction (or a mix of balsamic vinegar and olive oil) to dip the skewers in if desired.
- You can use plain cheese tortellini or an option with different fillings. I used spinach tortellini for some more vegetables. 100% whole wheat options can also provide some added nutrition.
- Instead of prepping the full skewers in advance, you can pack the ingredients separately to be assembled at lunch time. Both the completed skewers and individual ingredients keep well in the fridge for about a week.
Serving: 1skewer | Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 259IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg