Chopped Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
A crunchy combo of chopped kale, carrots, apples, red onion, and dried cranberries, all dressed up in a creamy tahini dressing!
Servings 4 as a side
- 5 to 6 cups lacinato (dinosaur) kale chopped into thin strips
- 1 apple cored and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Remove any large or tough stems from the kale leaves before chopping into thin strips. Place the chopped kale in a large mixing bowl. Add a very tiny drizzle of olive oil, and massage the kale between your hands for 30 to 60 seconds until slightly tender. Add the chopped apple pieces, sliced red onion, sliced carrots, and dried cranberries to the bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt. If the dressing is too thick, whisk in some water, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Enjoy!
- Sub any kind of kale for lacinato. The salad can also be made with any type of apple, but I recommend Pink Lady or Honeycrisp.
- You can prep the raw ingredients in advance and keep them in a covered bowl in the fridge for a few hours. However, the apples may turn brown, so wait to chop the apple until just before serving.
- The dressing can last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- To make this a complete meal, served with shredded chicken or turkey, salmon, hard boiled eggs, chickpeas, or white beans.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 373mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 7742IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg