Spiralized Golden Beet Salad with Rosemary Honey Dressing
A gorgeous salad with a delicious combination of sweet and savory cold weather flavors. Perfect as part of lunch or dinner, or for a holiday menu!
Servings 4 people
- 3 medium golden beets or 6 small
- 1 cup lacinato kale finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
To prepare the beets, trim and scrub each one. You do not have to peel them, but can if you want. Run them through a spiralizer. Use a pair of kitchen scissors or a sharp knife to cut long beet noodles into smaller, more manageable pieces.
In a large bowl, combine the spiralized beets, finely chopped kale leaves, and pumpkin seeds. Stir in the goat cheese crumbles.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste, and perhaps more rosemary if desired. Drizzle over the salad and mix until coated. Finally, add more pumpkin seeds and goat cheese as desired. Enjoy!
- Even if you are serving this at a later time, do not wait to add the dressing. Putting the dressing on right away helps prevent the beets from getting brown.
- You can use red beets for this recipe if you can't find golden beets.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Golden beets will start to get brown in that time frame, but they are still OK to eat.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1987IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2mg