Baked Crispy Artichoke Hearts with Greek Yogurt Aioli
Transform canned artichoke hearts into a crunchy, delicious appetizer in less than 30 minutes.
Servings 6 people
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts preferably quartered and canned in water
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
For the Greek yogurt aioli:
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped; optional
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Drain the artichoke hearts in a colander in the sink. If they are not already quartered, carefully quarter them with a knife on a cutting board. Place the artichoke hearts in between two paper towels or clean kitchen towels and gently press to remove excess moisture.
Set up a station with two bowls: one with melted butter and one with the parmesan and breadcrumbs mixed together. Place each artichoke heart in the melted butter (roll around to coat) then the breadcrumb mixture (roll around to coat). Arrange the artichoke hearts in single layers on the baking sheet. Roast for 15 to 18 minutes until crunchy and lightly browned.
While the artichoke hearts are roasting, whisk together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve the artichoke hearts with the dip, and enjoy!
- These are best served right away but can last for a couple of days in the fridge (they will lose their crips over time though).
- Make sure the artichoke hearts are fully coated in the melted butter before coating them in the parmesan/breadcrumbs. That way, they'll be as crispy as possible! If the butter starts to firm up a little, put it in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds to re-melt it.
- Other dipping sauce options include: regular aioli, spicy yogurt dip, or melted butter mixed with lemon juice.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 421mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 939IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 1mg