Pineapple Jicama Salsa
This easy vegan recipe is fresh, delicious, and full of nutritious ingredients.
- 2.5 cups finely diced pineapple
- 1.5 cups finely diced jicama about 1/2 large jicama
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1 bell pepper seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro more to taste
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Tortilla chips for serving
Combine the pineapple, jicama, red onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture, and sprinkle with the salt. Stir together.
Enjoy the salsa immediately with chips as a snack. Or, for best results, store the salsa in an airtight container in the fridge for a few hours (or a day) before serving to let the flavors meld. Give the salsa a good stir every hour or so if you remember.
- Try this salsa on fish or tacos.
- Leftover salsa can last three to five days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Sub serrano peppers, or use another jalapeno, for more spice. Omit the jalapeno for less spice.
- Nutrition facts are just for the salsa and do not include chips.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 214mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 713IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg