Buffalo Chickpea Salad Celery Sticks
This crunchy snack is a plant-based spin on buffalo chicken salad, and it's perfect for game day!
Servings 20 pieces
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles more to taste
- 8 stalks celery sliced into thirds
In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, chopped red onions, buffalo sauce, Greek yogurt, and blue cheese crumbles. Thinly slice 1 stalk of celery and add it to the mixture. Mix well.
Slice each celery stalk into three pieces. Use a sharp knife to shave the back of each piece to help them lay flat. Transfer the celery sticks to a serving dish.
Stuff each piece with a spoonful of chickpea salad. Garnish with a drizzle of buffalo sauce and more blue cheese crumbles to taste.
- If you do not have buffalo sauce, you can use a smaller amount of hot sauce instead.
- You can make this in advance. Keep the buffalo chickpea salad in the fridge and assemble the celery sticks right before serving.
- Leftovers can last in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-4 days.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 82IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg