Easy Steamed Veggies
Steamed veggies are a fast and nutritious side dish and go great with quick dinners.
- ¼ cup water enough to have 2 inches in the bottom of a pot
- 2 cups vegetables cut into uniform pieces
Cut the veggies into uniform pieces. This will promote even cooking. Add 2 inches of water to a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Put the veggies in a stainless steel steamer basket. Place it in the pot and cover. Cook until the veggies are tender. Cooking time will depend on the vegetable. Enjoy warm!
Approximate veggie steaming times:
Please note that nutrition info will vary depending on the types of vegetables used.
- Green beans, asparagus, or spinach: 3 to 5 minutes
- Broccoli or cauliflower: 5 to 7 minutes
- Carrots, beets, potatoes: 10 to 20 minutes
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 499mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg