Green Beans and Corn
This delicious and healthy side dish is seasoned with apple cider vinegar, mint, and dill. It comes together in only 15 minutes.
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 2 ears sweet corn husks removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh dill chopped, more to taste
- 2 tsp fresh mint chopped, more to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a large pot. Trim the green beans and slice the kernels off the ears of corn. Place a vegetable steamer basket inside the pot, add the green beans and corn kernels, and cover with a lid. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and transfer the veggies to a serving plate.
While the veggies are steaming, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dill, mint, and salt.
Pour the dressing over the steamed veggies and gently mix until coated. Garnish with more fresh herbs and sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired before serving.
- If you don't have a steamer basket, bring about 1-inch of water to a boil in a large skillet. Add the green beans and corn, cover, and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the water before serving.
- Feel free to mix up the herbs you use in this dish. Parsley and basil would be good substitutions or additions.
- The corn kernels soak up the most flavor, so you can cut the green beans into smaller pieces if you want the corn and beans to soak up equal amounts of flavors.
- This dish can be served warm or cold. If you want to prep it in advance, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 hours. Stir well before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 481mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1155IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg