This healthy green beans and corn side dish is bursting with fresh flavor. With delicious summer vegetables and a simple dressing of apple cider vinegar, dill, and mint, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
This past weekend was a perfect picture of summer. We had bright blue skies, hours of sunshine, and warm temps, plus an evening thunderstorm on Saturday evening. Just the way a June weekend should be.
I spent tons of time outside, tended to our garden, and even snuck in a visit to the Kingfield Farmers Market. With so many good summer vibes, my mind was running wild with ideas for warm weather blog recipes!
During this time of year, I’m always craving easy side dishes that don’t require the oven and pack a ton of flavor. And I’m happy to report that this recipe, Green Beans and Corn with Cider Vinegar and Herbs, checks those boxes!
This wonderfully simple side dish has so much going on for only a handful of ingredients. Tender-crisp green beans are snuggled alongside sweet corn kernels, and hints of fresh mint and dill add incredible flavor. And just when you think it can’t get much better, tangy cider vinegar rounds it all out!
Oh, and did I mention that this healthy recipe comes together in a mere 15 minutes? What? How! I know. It’s incredible.
How to Cook Green Beans and Corn Together
To keep the veggies tender-crisp, I recommend steaming them. Fortunately, they take the same amount of time to cook in a vegetable steamer basket!
First, trim the green beans and slice the kernels off the corn cobs. Bring a few inches of water to boil in a pot, set the steamer basket inside the pot, add the green beans and corn, cover, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
While they’re cooking, prep the herbs and dressing. Transfer the veggies to a serving plate, drizzle the dressing over them, and BOOM.
- If you don’t have a steamer basket, bring about 1-inch of water to a boil in a large skillet, add the veggies, cover the skillet with a lid, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Green beans and corn taste amazing with fresh mint and dill, but feel free to mix up the herbs! I think parsley and basil would taste great in this dish too.
- Since the corn kernels are much smaller than the green beans, I found that they soaked up more of the herb and vinegar flavor. You can cut the green beans into smaller pieces if you want the corn and beans to soak up equal amounts of flavors, but I really enjoyed the recipe as is too.
- This dish can be served warm or cold. Prep it up to three hours in advance and store in the fridge. Stir well before serving.
If you’re wondering what to serve with this recipe, I recommend the Summer Squash and Dill Salmon Burgers, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Veggie Burgers, BBQ Lentils with Shredded Carrots, or the Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms with Caprese Salad.
More Summer Sides
If you like my green beans and corn, you should also check out:
- Herb and Garlic Butter Green Beans
- Tarragon Roasted Summer Vegetables
- Mango Cucumber Salad
- Sesame Bell Pepper and Cucumber Noodle Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad with Fresh Dill
- Warm Farro Salad with Roasted Tomatoes
- Sweet Corn and Cherry Arugula Salad
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Green Beans and Corn
- 1 pound green beans - trimmed
- 2 ears sweet corn - husks removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon fresh dill - chopped, more to taste
- 2 teaspoon fresh mint - chopped, more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a large pot. Trim the green beans and slice the kernels off the ears of corn. Place a vegetable steamer basket inside the pot, add the green beans and corn kernels, and cover with a lid. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and transfer the veggies to a serving plate.
- While the veggies are steaming, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dill, mint, and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the steamed veggies and gently mix until coated. Garnish with more fresh herbs and sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired before serving.
- If you don’t have a steamer basket, bring about 1-inch of water to a boil in a large skillet. Add the green beans and corn, cover, and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the water before serving.
- Feel free to mix up the herbs you use in this dish. Parsley and basil would be good substitutions or additions.
- The corn kernels soak up the most flavor, so you can cut the green beans into smaller pieces if you want the corn and beans to soak up equal amounts of flavors.
- This dish can be served warm or cold. If you want to prep it in advance, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 hours. Stir well before serving.
Happy summertime! – Lizzie
Leave a Reply