Caprese Orzo Salad
This simple vegetarian pasta salad is tossed in a delicious balsamic dressing. It's easy to prep in advance!
- 8 ounces orzo dried, about half a package
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 ounces mozzarella pearls drained
- ½ cup basil chiffonade
Cook the orzo according to package instructions. Drain, then toss in a little olive oil to prevent it from sticking.
While the orzo is cooking, slice the tomatoes and basil. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
Combine the orzo, tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella pearls in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the dressing on top, and mix well.
Serve the dish right away or put it in the fridge for at least a half hour to chill.
Leave a rating or review by tapping the stars on this recipe card (above) or in the comments section (at the end of the post)!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. You can prep it several hours ahead of time, since it tastes best chilled anyways. Give it a good stir before serving.
- Leftovers will last for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 256mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 493IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 1mg