Greek Cauliflower Rice
Flavorful veggie "rice" with lemon, garlic, capers, and meaty mushrooms.
Servings 2 people
- 1 head cauliflower separated into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 3 tbsp capers drained; more to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 lemon juiced; more to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Lemon zest for serving
- Fresh parsley or other herbs, for serving
Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor or blender and pulse until they resemble rice-like pieces. You may need to scrape the sides occasionally.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onions, mushroom, and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add the riced cauliflower, capers, oregano, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook for a few more minutes, until warmed through.
Serve with lemon zest and fresh parsley or other herbs. Enjoy warm or cold!
- To make larger pieces, pulse the cauliflower in batches in the food processor.
- You can easily sub store-bought or frozen riced cauliflower instead of making your own. Add it frozen to the skillet after you cook the mushrooms and onion and cook until warmed through.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy cold, or reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve on the side of a lean protein, or use this recipe to make bowls with feta cheese, shredded chicken or turkey, and/or white beans for a more complete meal.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 428mg | Potassium: 1426mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 145mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 2mg