Whipped Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Dip
A delicious combination of roasted squash, tangy goat cheese, nutmeg, and fresh rosemary.
Servings 6 servings
- 6 cups butternut squash peeled and diced, from ~1 medium squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 8 ounces goat cheese at room temperature
- 1 tbsp rosemary chopped, more to taste
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg more to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss the diced butternut squash in olive oil and transfer to the baking sheet. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
Transfer the cooked squash to a blender or food processor and add the room temp goat cheese. Blend on medium speed for approximately one minute, until smooth. You may need to add a drizzle of olive oil or a few drops of water to promote blending. Add the nutmeg and rosemary and blend again for 15 to 20 seconds.
Taste the dip and add more rosemary or nutmeg as desired. Transfer to a serving dish, and serve with veggie chips, seed crackers, or pita. Enjoy warm or chilled!
- This tastes delicious warm or chilled. I especially like it with Mary's Gone Crackers Herb Crackers. So good!
- Leftovers can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 503mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 15283IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 2mg