Last Updated on
Sweet butternut squash, tangy goat cheese, savory rosemary, and a dash of nutmeg come together in a beautiful marriage of flavors in this Whipped Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Dip!
On the tenth day of Vegmas (can you believe it?!), my true love gave to me…BUTTERNUT SQUASH!
Wowwwwwzaaaas. I really, really like this dip, and I think you will too! It only has five total ingredients. That’s right, only FIVE! But the flavor profile is so incredibly rich, deep and just downright delicious that it’s hard to believe there are so few ingredients.
I honestly don’t know how this one popped into my head. I think it was the result of brainstorming different ways to use winter squash. Squash season can get kind of long, don’t ya think? It’s fun to switch it up every once in a while!
This Whipped Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Dip is the PERFECT recipe to have in your back pocket during the holiday season. It may look pretty fancy on the wooden platter and all, but it’s actually so easy to make. You could even pull it off without much notice, a.k.a. when you decide to host friends for a spur of the moment get-together!
I wish I could say that I made all of the beautiful veggie chips on the platter, but that seems pretty time-consuming, huh? Instead, I purchased some seed crackers and Terra brand veggie chips to go alongside the dip. They were both excellent companions!
I won’t keep you too long today, since I’m about to head to a friend’s house for a holiday dinner party! (Side note: she’ll be making a recipe from my Plant-Based Dinner Party eBook. You should grab a copy!)
So let’s get to it, shall we?!
Whipped Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Dip
- 6 cups butternut squash - diced, from 1 medium squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil - plus more for drizzling
- 8 ounces goat cheese - at room temperature
- 1 tbsp rosemary - chopped, more to taste
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg - more to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Dice the butternut squash, toss with olive oil, and transfer to the baking sheet. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Transfer the cooked squash to a blender or food processor and add the room temp goat cheese. Blend on medium speed for approximately one minute or until smooth. You may need to add a drizzle of olive oil or a few drops of water to promote blending. Add the nutmeg and rosemary and blend again for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Taste the dip and add more rosemary or nutmeg as desired. Transfer to a serving dish, and serve with veggie chips, seed crackers, or pita. Enjoy warm or chilled!
Pin this Whipped Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Dip now to make later!
Happy tenth day of Vegmas!