Sweet butternut squash, tangy goat cheese, savory rosemary, and a dash of nutmeg come together in a beautiful marriage of flavors in this creamy Whipped Butternut Dip with Goat Cheese!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
On the tenth day of Vegmas (can you believe it?!), my true love gave to me…BUTTERNUT SQUASH!
Wowwwwwzaaaas. I really, really like this dip, and I think you will too! It only has five total ingredients. That’s right, only FIVE!
But the flavor profile is so incredibly rich, deep and just downright delicious that it’s hard to believe there are so few ingredients.
I honestly don’t know how this one popped into my head. I think it was the result of brainstorming different ways to use winter squash. Squash season can get kind of long, don’t ya think? It’s fun to switch it up every once in a while!
This roasted butternut squash dip recipe is the PERFECT recipe to have in your back pocket during the holiday season.
It may look pretty fancy on the wooden platter and all, but it’s actually so easy to make. You could even pull it off without much notice, a.k.a. when you decide to host friends for a spur of the moment get-together!
How Make Butternut Squash Dip
- Peel, deseed, and dice a butternut squash. Or save yourself all that hassle and get the pre-diced squash from the store.
- Roast the squash in the oven.
- Add the cooked squash to a food processor or blender with the goat cheese (at room temp), rosemary, and nutmeg. Blend.
- Scoop that creamy, delicious dip into a serving bowl. Or, heck, eat it right out of the blender. Who am I to judge?
- This is best served immediately while it’s still warm! You can also serve it chilled. It tastes delicious either way.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat for 30-45 seconds on high if you want it warm.
- I absolutely adore this butternut squash dip when paired with Mary’s Gone Crackers Herb Crackers or my homemade Seed and Kale Crackers (very similar to Mary’s). Seriously, they’re a match made in heaven! You can also pair it with Terra brand veggie chips, pita chips, or tortilla chips.
- To mix up the flavors, feel free to add more savory herbs (thyme, oregano, etc.) or sub cinnamon for nutmeg.
- Garnish with a dash more nutmeg, some veggie chip crumbs, and rosemary sprigs.
More Veggie-Based Dips
- Caramelized Onion White Bean Dip
- Lighter Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Swiss Chard Stem and Beet Tahini Dip
- Roasted Turnip Hummus
If you make this butternut squash dip, I’d love to hear how you like it! Please rate/review it using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments section.
Whipped Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Dip
- blender or food processor
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the diced butternut squash in olive oil and transfer to the baking sheet. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Transfer the cooked squash to a blender or food processor and add the room temp goat cheese. Blend on medium speed for approximately one minute, until smooth. You may need to add a drizzle of olive oil or a few drops of water to promote blending. Add the nutmeg and rosemary and blend again for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Taste the dip and add more rosemary or nutmeg as desired. Transfer to a serving dish, and serve with veggie chips, seed crackers, or pita. Enjoy warm or chilled!
- This tastes delicious warm or chilled. I especially like it with Mary's Gone Crackers Herb Crackers. So good!
- Leftovers can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Happy tenth day of Vegmas!