These Blistered Corn Avocado Cups are a gorgeous and light addition to any summer meal.
This post is sponsored by Driscoll’s Berries and the FeedFeed. All opinions are my own.
August is in full swing–with gorgeous Midwest sunsets, Saturday walks around the lakes, and of course, LOTS of fresh produce.
Summer is my favorite time to experiment with the tastes of the season to create simple dishes with gorgeous colors. And with ingredients like Driscoll’s raspberries, it’s easy to add a pop of pink and a delicious flavor to any meal. I’ve partnered up with both Driscoll’s and The FeedFeed to bring you this amazing new recipe.
Today’s recipe includes an easy vinaigrette made with pureed raspberries drizzled over smoky, blistered corn and creamy avocado. And when I say easy, I mean EASY. This entire recipe is only five ingredients! Like I said, you don’t really need much when you have fresh Driscoll’s berries.
Bring these avocado cups along to your next picnic by the lake. They’re the perfect dish to share with family and friends. After all, it’s always better to #BerryTogether and enjoy the tastes of the season with those you love!
Did you know that the Twin Cities is the #1 raspberry consuming area in the country? As a matter of fact, we consume 132% more than the national average!
For all of you Minnesotans out there, Driscoll’s is hosting a #BerryTogether sweepstakes to win an all-expense paid trip to Madden’s on Gull Lake! Visit this link to enter the contest for a top prize of four nights away at Madden’s. You won’t regret it! Plus, four other first prize winners will win a year’s supply of Driscoll’s berries. The sweepstakes is open until August 31st!
***(this sweepstakes closed on 8/31/17)****
For another berry recipe, check out my Butter Lettuce Strawberry Salad!
Blistered Corn Avocado Cups with Fresh Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1 heaping cup Driscoll's raspberries
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 ears corn - shucked
- 3 avocados - sliced in half and scooped out of shells
- To make the vinaigrette, combine raspberries, olive oil, and vinegar. Puree in a blender for ~30 seconds until smooth.
- To blister the corn, rub each ear with a bit of olive oil and place on a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Turn every 2-3 minutes or until all sides are slightly blistered. Remove from grill or grill pan and let cool. Slice kernels off cob with a serrated knife.
- Fill avocado cups with blistered corn. Drizzle with raspberry vinaigrette, top with a fresh Driscoll's berry, and serve!
Enjoy the weekend!