In the following policy, the use of “us”, “we”, and “our” refers to the company It’s a Veg World After All®LLC and its members. “You”, “user”, and “your” refers to any visitor or customer of the site.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
- Comments, Contact Forms, Newsletter: Data shown in the comments, contact forms, and newsletter sign-up forms, such as name and email address that you voluntarily provide to us, are collected. If you opt-in to the newsletter, the option to unsubscribe will always be included in newsletter emails (at the bottom of the email).
- Automatically Collected Data: When you visit this site, your IP address and browser user agent string are collected to help spam detection. Information about the referring website, what links you click while visiting this site, and what pages and posts you view are also collected.
- Demographic Information: Via Google Analytics, the site may also collect demographic information about users, such as age, gender, location, and interests. This information is non-identifiable. We use this information, and the aggregate demographic information in Google Analytics, to produce relevant content for our readers and to identify our audience and your interests for sponsored content opportunities.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files about this website that can be stored on your browser (if you allow). They help provide you with a better experience of the website, for example by saving your name and email address in comment forms so you do not have to enter these again in the future. Cookies are used to compile data to help us offer better and more personalized site experiences in the future. You may disable cookies via your Internet browser. Cookies may also be used by third party systems, such as Google Analytics and rewardStyle.
- Online Payments: If you purchase something via this site or a link on this site, your information will be collected by a third party payment system, such as Amazon, E-junkie, Stripe, or PayPal. We do not store this information on our site.
How your information may be used:
- To operate and maintain this website to offer you the best user experience.
- To create your account and save information (such as in the comment forms) for future use.
- To send newsletters and promotional information (if you opted into this). Each email promotion is generated via MailChimp and includes options to opt-out.
- To respond to questions or comments you have.
- To detect and protect against any unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To track advertising.
- Aggregate demographic information may be shared with third parties for sponsored content opportunities.
Embedded content from other websites:
Embedded content from other websites used in posts on this site behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your information with:
Occasionally, your information may be shared with trusted third parties that this website uses. However, we never sell information for profit to third parties.
- Mailerlite: this service has access to your name and email for use in newsletters and promotional emails. Your IP address and other information may also be collected when you subscribe to the newsletter. The links you click on within a newsletter are also tracked.
- Mailchimp: this services has access to your name and email for use in newsletters and promotional emails. Your IP address and other information may also be collected when you subscribe to the newsletter.
- Mediavine Grow.me: this service has access to your name, email, and IP address if you choose to sign up.
- Google Analytics: this services captures your IP address, referring websites, and user activities. We use this service to understand site navigation, user sessions, and demographics.
- PayPal: we may use this service to process payments.
- Stripe: we may use this service to process payments.
- E-junkie: we may use this service to sell digital products and process payments.
- Gumroad: we may use this service to sell digital products and process payments.
The use of your information by these services is dictated by their own privacy policies. To the best of our knowledge, these companies are using best GDPR practices. We have the authority to change and update this list as needed.
Unless we are required by law or for the safety of ourselves or others, we will never sell, distribute or otherwise reveal any identifiable information or your email address without your consent to parties other than the aforementioned trusted third parties. However, anonymous data that does not identify you alone, such as that collected by cookies, may be used by third parties for advertising, marketing or other purposes.
Rights to your information:
- At any time you can opt-out of newsletters and promotional emails by clicking the unsubscribe links, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your information.
- You can also request to access or amend your personal information, or receive more information about how we use your data, by contacting email@example.com.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Occasionally, the website may use retargeting efforts through Facebook or Instagram. You can opt out of Facebook retargeting here.
This website may produce sponsored content from time to time. All sponsored content will be disclosed in accordance with FTC guidelines. Regardless of if content is sponsored or not, all statements regarding products on this site are always our own opinions. However, not all posts that mention recommended products and foods are sponsored.
If there are links to third parties within sponsored content posts and you click on them, data about you may be collected and used to track the success of campaigns. We have no responsibility for the activity of these third party links.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and earn from qualifying purchases. This advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com. If we include a link to a product from Amazon, and you click on this link and purchase the product, we will make a small commission.
Newsletters we send may include tracking pixels which can tell us information about what links you click and if you open the emails. This information helps inform our newsletter campaigns in the future.
The general information, recipes, and blog posts on this site are not to be considered as medical advice, medical nutrition therapy, or individualized nutrition counseling, even though they are produced by a licensed Registered Dietitian. The information and recipes on this site, including the meal plans, are for informational purposes only and may not be suited for your needs or circumstances.
The information on this site is not a substitute for a consultation with a licensed health practitioner, nor is it intended to diagnose or treat medical conditions. Please consult your physician or qualified health professional with any concerns about your health and wellbeing. Before you make any changes to your diet, or make any attempts to lose weight, please consult with your physician and dietitian to ensure that these changes are safe for you. It’s a Veg World After All®LLC and Lizzie Streit, MS, RDN, LD are not liable for any injury or harm that comes from accessing the posted information and recipes.
If nutritional information for recipes or foods is included, the information is estimated and may not be exact. Specifically, nutritional information is compiled via the WP Recipe Maker plugin that It’s a Veg World After All®LLC has purchased. It’s a Veg World After All®LLC and Lizzie Streit, MS, RDN, LD are not liable for any injury or harm that comes from accessing the posted nutrition information.
Reproduction and Use of Content
All rights reserved. You may not reproduce our content or use any recipes, photos, or writing without our permission.
You may cite a recipe or post by crediting Lizzie Streit or It’s a Veg World After All® and linking back to the original post and home page if possible. You may use up to one original image with the proper credit and link back to the original content. However, you may not repost the recipe in its entirety with ingredients and directions.
You may not in any way alter or sell any content from this site, including recipes and images.
Intellectual Property Rights
This website and various aspects of this website may be protected by federal statutory and common law copyright protection, federal statutory and common law trademark and service mark protection, federal statutory and common law trade dress protection and federal patent protection. Any infringement of the intellectual property rights of this website will be aggressively prosecuted. Verification of such may be made by the patent, trademark, and copyright law firm of Johnson and Phung LLC, website www.mnpatentlaw.com and more specifically, Thomas Phung of www.mnpatentlaw.com.
It’s a Veg World After All® and Veg World® are registered trademarks of Elizabeth Streit.
Consent, Changes to Policy, and Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When changes to this page are made, they will be reflected in the date below.
Last updated: May 17, 2022