Today was a beautiful fall day in MPLS, complete with colorful leaves, a perfect 56 degrees, and just enough sun to keep you warm but not hot. But as I was riding my bike this afternoon (a rare half day from work), it hit me. Winter is coming! Just like that, I began brainstorming the hearty but healthy recipes I hope to create over the next few months…
But until then, I think there’s time for one more light recipe, right?
Salmon Quinoa Patties
These patties are ideal for an easy weeknight meal, or on top of a salad for lunch. Make them ahead of time and freeze for a healthy dose of fish whenever you need it!
- 12 oz wild salmon, canned or freshly cooked with the skin removed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp dried, minced onions (or 1/4 cup fresh onions, chopped)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking sheet lightly with cooking oil.
- Flake salmon in a mixing bowl.
- Add quinoa, chives, lemon juice, mustard, and minced onions. Gently mix together.
- Pour in egg and stir until mixture becomes a little sticky. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into 8 patties and place on baking sheet.
- Bake patties for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked through the middle.