Today was a beautiful fall day in MPLS, complete with colorful leaves, a perfect 56 degrees, and just enough sun to keep you warm but not hot. But as I was riding my bike this afternoon (a rare half day from work), it hit me. Winter is coming! Just like that, I began brainstorming the hearty but healthy recipes I hope to create over the next few months…
But until then, I think there’s time for one more light recipe, right?
Salmon Quinoa Patties
These patties are ideal for an easy weeknight meal, or on top of a salad for lunch. Make them ahead of time and freeze for a healthy dose of fish whenever you need it!Print Pin Rate Save Saved!
Servings: 8 patties
- 12 oz wild salmon - canned or freshly cooked with the skin removed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoon fresh chives - chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoon dried minced onions - * can use ¼ cup fresh chopped onion
- 1 egg - beaten
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking sheet lightly with cooking oil.
- Flake salmon in a mixing bowl.
- Add quinoa, chives, lemon juice, mustard, and minced onions. Gently mix together.
- Pour in egg and stir until mixture becomes a little sticky. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into 8 patties and place on baking sheet.
- Bake patties for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked through the middle.
Serving: 1burger | Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 106IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 1mg
Did you make this recipe?Tag @its_a_vegworld_afterall and follow me today!
I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! My teenaged kids loved it. Next time I make it (and there will definitely be a next time!), I’ll add some chopped capers. I served it with a lemon mayo and some leftover fish taco sauce. Thanks for another great recipe.
Lizzie Streit, MS, RDN
Yay! I’m so glad to hear that you (and the kids) like this recipe. Thanks for leaving a review! I love the ideas for your future additions.
Wow your recipes sound delicious! I will be following 🙂 I am a pescetarian and I’m excited to make this! So creative.