Today was a beautiful fall day in MPLS, complete with colorful leaves, a perfect 56 degrees, and just enough sun to keep you warm but not hot. But as I was riding my bike this afternoon (a rare half day from work), it hit me. Winter is coming! Just like that, I began brainstorming the hearty but healthy recipes I hope to create over the next few months…
But until then, I think there’s time for one more light recipe, right?
Salmon Quinoa Patties
- 12 oz wild salmon canned or freshly cooked with the skin removed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp dried minced onions * can use 1/4 cup fresh chopped onion
- 1 egg beaten
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking sheet lightly with cooking oil.
Flake salmon in a mixing bowl.
Add quinoa, chives, lemon juice, mustard, and minced onions. Gently mix together.
Pour in egg and stir until mixture becomes a little sticky. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Shape into 8 patties and place on baking sheet.
Bake patties for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked through the middle.