This pretty and delicious Cherry Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie recipe uses frozen cauliflower coupled with cocoa powder and cherries. It’s easy to make, vegan, and full of nutrients.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
I was first introduced to a cauliflower smoothie via a meal planning software that I used when I saw 1-on-1 clients. Similar to this recipe, it combined frozen cauliflower with chocolate, and I was instantly hooked after my first sip.
I knew I wanted to make something similar for the blog, so I started brainstorming classic chocolate and fruit combinations. My mind went to frozen cherries, and this Cherry Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie was born!
In case you’re wondering, you really can’t taste the cauliflower. Instead, the smoothie tastes like a cherry chocolate banana dessert (but with a lot more nutrition)!! It’s a great healthy option for an afternoon snack or post-workout shake.
How to Make a Cauliflower Smoothie
Using frozen cauliflower is the easiest way to make a cauliflower smoothie. You don’t even need to steam or cook it beforehand!
Just gather the rest of the ingredients (frozen cherries and banana, almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, and milled flaxseed). Combine them in a blender, and blend until smooth. Pro tip: add some freshly grated chocolate on top before serving!!
You are probably aware that I am a huge fan of Vitamix blenders, but I whipped up this smoothie in a NutriBullet, since it only makes two servings. Of course, ANY blender can be used; these are just my favorite tools.
- This cauliflower smoothie keeps well in the fridge. Keep it in a sealed jar or airtight container for up to three days.
- For more protein, add a scoop of nut butter or protein powder. It tastes delicious with peanut butter!
- You can also sub raw cauliflower for frozen in this recipe, but I recommend slightly steaming it for 2 to 3 minutes in an inch of water in a skillet. Keep it in the fridge until it’s time to make the smoothie.
More Vegetable Smoothie Recipes
If you love this chocolate cauliflower smoothie, you may also enjoy the Green Pea Smoothie with Mint, Tropical Swiss Chard Smoothie, Strawberry Banana Beet Smoothie, Walnut Sweet Potato Smoothie, and Green Grapefruit Smoothie.
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Cherry Chocolate Cauliflower Smoothie
- In a blender, combine the frozen cauliflower, cherries, banana, cocoa powder, flaxseed, and almond milk. Blend until smooth, adding small amounts of cold water if needed. Garnish with shaved chocolate (optional), and enjoy!
- For more protein, add more flaxseed, a scoop of nut butter or protein powder.
- This smoothie can be made in advance and stored in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to three days.
- To sub fresh cauliflower for frozen, steam the florets for 2-3 minutes in a skillet with about 1 inch of water. Store in the fridge to cool before making the smoothie.
Enjoy your veggie smoothie! – Lizzie