Last Updated on
This Blended Cucumber Gin Cocktail is a lightened up beverage that’s incredibly refreshing. Made with fresh cucumber, mint, honey, and lime (no simple syrup!), it’s great for spring and summer gatherings.
I did it again. I put veggies in an adult beverage! Because why the heck not?! (See also my Carrot and Orange Mimosas!)
I am so excited to share this Blended Cucumber Gin Cocktail recipe for a few reasons. Mainly, gin is my preferred alcohol if I’m going to have a cocktail. And secondly, it’s a great drink to make for a celebration.
And as this month’s Recipe Redux pointed out, we are knee deep in celebration season. Bridal and baby showers, graduations, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day…it’s that time of year for ALL the parties.
But instead of making a new recipe for you to EAT at a party, I thought it’d be fun to mix it up and create a veggie-based cocktail.
How to Make a Blended Cucumber Gin Cocktail
The name of this recipe says it all. Blend together cucumbers and gin, plus some fresh mint, lime juice, honey, and ice. And that’ll give you a slushy cocktail that tastes similar to a smoothie, but with a little somethin’ extra!
That’s all you have to do! Heck, you don’t even need to peel the cucumber. Just roughly chop it into pieces and throw it all in the blender.
When you serve the cocktails, pour them into a cold glass and add some plain sparkling water. I used La Croix. You may also want to serve them with a straw so that you can mix up the drink if it separates.
If you’re wondering what type of gin works best for this recipe, I usually like to drink Tanqueray or Hendrick’s. BUT if you live in the Midwest and can find Vikre Distillery Spruce Gin, it is SO good. I highly recommend.
What to Serve with your Blended Cucumber Gin Cocktail!
As I mentioned earlier, this is a great cocktail to serve to guests at a party. It would go well with brunch or dinner, and you can pair it with any of these recipes:
- Mini Cucumber Sandwiches with Herbed Cream Cheese
- Summer Squash and Dill Salmon Burgers
- Caramelized Onion White Bean Dip
- Lemon Braised Leeks and Quinoa Salad
- Sweet Corn and Cherry Arugula Salad
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate and review it in the comments below, and don’t forget to tag @its_a_vegworld_afterall on Instagram! Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Blended Cucumber Gin Cocktail
- 3 ounces gin – 2 shots worth, ~6 tbsp
- 1 cucumber – trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 lime – juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup ice
- Sparkling water – like La Croix, for serving
- Combine the gin, roughly chopped cucumber pieces, mint leaves, lime juice, honey, and ice in a blender. Blend on high for 30-60 seconds or until it resembles a slushy.
- Pour the cocktails into two glasses and fill the rest of each glass with sparkling water and/or ice. Stir well, serve and enjoy!
Pin this Blended Cucumber Gin Cocktail now for later!
Happy HUMP day!