A healthy caramelized onion dip using protein-packed white beans for extra creaminess! This vegan dip pairs well with freshly cut veggies and tortilla chips.
Sure, veggies go great with dip. But guess what? They also taste great when they’re actually part of the dip. I know this from maaaannnyyy years of trying different kinds of hummus that are made with vegetables.
I’m always “that girl” who orders the hummus plate on the menu when I go out to eat. I could probably eat an entire meal made up of different dips. In fact, I’ve had something like this at the Greek restaurant down the street…whipped feta and baba ghanoush, anyone?! Mmmm…
This Caramelized Onion White Bean Dip is one of the BEST dips I’ve made to date. Hear me out. Caramelized onions are simply delicious. And white beans make the creamiest dips. So put together, they are a match made in heaven.
Sure, it may take a little while to get the onions all caramelized and everything, but the final product is so worth it! Once the onions are ready, the dip comes together in no time at all.
Warning: your kitchen will smell absolutely incredible while preparing this recipe ;-). Serve with tortilla chips, cut up veggies, or even fruit for a tasty snack! This dip is gluten free and vegan with a plant-based creaminess.
For other dips featuring vegetables, be sure to check out:
Caramelized Onion White Bean Dip
- 3 small sweet onions - thinly sliced
- 1 15.5 oz can white beans - drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup olive oil - more to taste
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice - more to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onions and cook down until slightly tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Lower heat and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or until caramelized to your desired taste, stirring occasionally.
- Add the caramelized onions, white beans, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, and garlic to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. You may need to add a few more drizzles of olive oil, lemon juice, or water if mixture is took thick.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add more thyme, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve with veggies, fruit, or chips. Enjoy!
Enjoy your Wednesday!