Last Updated on
Oh, hello there! I was busy eating my third piece of this amazing banana bread… But really, this Carrot Banana Breakfast Bread is THAT good. We have a winner.
February is my first official month as a member of The Recipe ReDux, a network of dietitian bloggers! Every month, the ReDux posts a theme (this month’s theme is “Bake Bread”) and each member comes up with an original recipe for the theme. We all post these recipes on our blogs on the 21st or 22nd of the month.
So, this is me posting my contribution to this month’s “Bake Bread” Recipe ReDux!
I wasn’t always going to go with a sweet bread. First, I thought I’d try making a homemade sourdough loaf. Then life got in the way, and before I knew it, it was the third week of February! I quickly indexed to breakfast (since as you know, I love breakfast), and I’m so glad I did.
This paleo Carrot Banana Breakfast Bread has some veggies, some fruit, and a whole lot of flavor! It’s perfectly sweet with no refined sugar (just maple syrup and bananas, of course), and is even gluten free. I have been experimenting with gluten free baking (just for fun!), and love how easy it is to use almond flour!
A slice of this bread is a perfect addition to breakfast! Add some almond butter, and you will be in heaven…believe me. Or, enjoy it as a morning snack. I think your kids would love it too 😉
For other similar breakfast options, check out:
Carrot Banana Breakfast Bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil - melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts - chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the shredded carrots, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, and syrup. Whisk until well combined. In a separate small bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and whisk until well combined. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter in greased loaf pan. It should only be about half way full. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!
Pin this paleo Carrot Banana Breakfast Bread now to make later!!
Have a great night everyone!