This refreshing and healthy cucumber mint lemonade recipe is a delicious way to cool off! It’s sweetened with honey (no refined sugar), made with fresh mint, and blended then strained to resemble traditional lemonade.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see my affiliate disclosure.
We did it! We figured out how to make a veggie-forward lemonade! That’s right, folks, this here refreshing summer beverage is made with cucumbers.
If you’re wondering what the flavor is like, imagine cucumber mint lemon water that you see at spas and hotels. Then think about what that would be like with a stronger flavor and some added sweetness. Delicious, right?
Not to mention, the mint adds a wonderful cooling sensation to every sip. I’m telling you, you’ll want to make this Cucumber Mint Lemonade every week for the rest of the season!
This is a great mocktail recipe, and it can easily be transformed to a cocktail with a shot of vodka or gin. I’ll take one for the team and personally experiment with adding gin ;-). Stay tuned!
How to Make Cucumber Mint Lemonade
- Peel a large cucumber and cut into chunks.
- Add this to a blender with the lemon juice, mint, honey, and some water. Blend until smooth.
- Strain the cucumber lemon mint mixture through a mesh sieve into a pitcher. Add water, ice, and more sweetener or mint to taste.
Don’t forget to reserve some extra slices of cucumber, lemon wedges, and mint leaves for garnish!
Expert Tips and Recommended Equipment
- To make cucumber mint lemonade, I like to use this handheld citrus squeezer, blender, and mesh sieve. I imagine you could also run the lemons and cucumber through a juicer, but I don’t know if you would get the same amount of juice. It also would be difficult to juice mint.
- I like to add about 4 cups of water to the lemonade before serving. You can add less or more depending on how diluted you want it.
- This keeps well in a covered pitcher in the fridge for up to 5 days. Be sure to stir well before serving!
- To make vegan, sub maple syrup for honey.
More Refreshing Drinks
- Blended Cucumber Gin Cocktail
- Kombucha Mocktails with Muddled Pea and Mint
- Prosecco and Carrot Juice Cocktails
- Carrot Ginger Kale Juice
I’d love to hear how you like this recipe! Rate/review using the stars on the recipe card or in the comments, and follow the Veg World on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Looking for something totally different? Browse the recipe library.
Healthy Cucumber Mint Lemonade
- 1 large cucumber - peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 cup lemon juice - squeezed from ~5 to 6 lemons
- ½ cup mint leaves - packed; add more for a mintier taste
- ½ cup honey - sub maple syrup to make vegan
- 4 to 6 cups water - for serving
- Cucumber slices, lemon wedges, and mint leaves - for garnish
- Combine the cucumber, lemon juice, mint leaves, and honey in a blender. Blender until smooth, adding some water as needed to promote blending.
- Place a mesh sieve over a pitcher. Pour the cucumber mixture through the sieve. Use a wooden spoon to push down the mixture to squeeze out all of the juice as needed. Remove the sieve and discard the pulpy mixture.
- Stir in about 4 cups of water, taste, and add more as desired. You could also use sparkling water. Serve over ice with garnishes.
- Keep in a covered pitcher in the fridge for up to 5 days. Stir well before serving.
Stay cool (as a cucumber)! – Lizzie
Leave a Reply