Delicious and easy, this Broccoli and Cheese Egg Bake is great for holiday breakfasts, meal prep, or even a weekday morning!
Fa-la-la-FRIDAY! We made it to the end of another busy week. I don’t know about you, but my meal prep always seems to suffer during the holiday season. So lately, I’ve been all about those EASY recipes, even more than usual.
I had this in mind when I whipped up today’s Easy Broccoli and Cheese Egg Bake. Specifically, I was thinking of all of you hosting guests or going to potlucks this season, because this is indeed a perfect Christmas brunch recipe!
Honestly, this is great for any brunch celebration: Easter, Mother’s Day, graduations, bridal showers, you name it. It goes really well with Carrot and Orange Mimosas too…speaking from personal experience here ;-)!
The ingredients are simple. You see a lot of them right here, minus the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Plenty of veggies in this one folks!
And the process?! Even more simple! Seriously, you can whip this one up in your sleep. Which is perfect, especially if you’re feeling pretty sleepy on Christmas morning.
As for the flavors, they’re classic. Broccoli and cheese, who doesn’t love that power couple?
Plus, you can prepare this egg bake in advance, and pop it in the oven before you plan to serve it to your hungry family and guests. Serve with some fruit (and maybe a salad), and you’ll have everyone asking “how do you do it?!” in no time!
FYI – some readers have asked if you can prepare this way in advance (like the day before), and the answer is yes. You can put everything in the baking pan and cover it tightly with foil, then keep it in the fridge until you are ready to pop it in the oven.
This recipe reminds me of a savory version of my Spiced Plum and Walnut Oatmeal Bake that I posted a while back (another great choice for Christmas brunch). Or maybe serve them side by side?! Whatever you decide on for your holiday brunch menu, you can’t go wrong.
Or you could take after me, and prepare this egg bake for tasty breakfasts all week long! Store in the fridge or freezer, reheat, and you are good to go.
For some other breakfast recipes, check out:
- Spiralized Beet and Goat Cheese Frittata
- Parsnip Carrot Cake Granola
- Spiced Parsnip and Apple Baked Oatmeal
- Carrot Banana Breakfast Bread
- Spinach Banana Muffins
Easy Broccoli and Cheese Egg Bake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Add chopped broccoli and onions, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Let dish stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- You can prepare this up to 1 day in advance. Cover tightly with foil and keep in the fridge until you are ready to put it in the oven.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.
Don’t forget to pin this egg bake now to make later!
Happy holidays to all of you! And happy Friday 🙂